Monday, December 06, 2010

My Personal Top 5 Albums of 2010

For the second year in a row i would like to present my favorite albums of the year in form of a blogpost.
You can view my favorites of 2009 HERE ( including the winner's reaction )
2010 was in my opinion a good year for music, with a few great 'comeback' albums from Morcheeba and Sade, Hot Chip's wonderfull third album and many more. My list is based on on my personal favourite albums, albums with the most tracks with 5 stars ended higher on my top-5.


1  Janelle Monae - The Archandroid - What a wonderful debut album and what a (multi)-talent. Ofcourse helped by brilliant production-work, but it's her voice that makes this diverse concept-album so great.
Best album by far this year. View her YouTube Channel HERE


2  Sade - Soldier of Love - Sade is back! ( the version of the title-track feat. Young Buck is EPIC)

3  DVAS - Society - Canadian synth-pop, a kind of 'Simian Mobile Disco meets Zoot Woman' - not a single bad track on this album

4  John Legend & The Roots - Wake Up! - Classic Soul album

5  Scissor Sisters - Night Work - Brilliant (co)-production-work by Stuart Price again ( - his remix of Invisible Light is one of my favorite party-anthems of the year )

It wasn't easy to make this list this year; albums by Gorillaz, Morcheeba, Hot Chip and Nneka's 'Concrete Jungle' also ended high in my list. I might introduce a top-ten list next year...
You should really check these albums out if you're even slightly interested. All albums are worth listening to, let me know what you think in the comments.

No comments: