Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Happy New Year ! - 2011 Resolutions

Dear regular or coincidental reader of my blog.
I would like to wish all of you the best for the new year.
May all your new years resolutions for 2011( if you have them ) become a reality.

Last year was the first year that i publicly posted my new years resolutions, and looking back it seems i did quite good... or at least i tried... you can find that post HERE

For the new year i can't think of very special things, but for the record i'll share them again, perhaps it can
inspire you... or not...

- Again, i will try to smoke less next year, something that didn't really happen last year ( but to be clear, this is a list in random order )

- I will try to watch what i eat a little more... that will mean less sugar and fat to start with, and perhaps a little more variety ;-) ...besides that i should watch the ingredients a bit more.
The http://readdiet.com/ ( in Dutch http://leesdieet.nl/ ) has some interesting guidelines and is a good list to start with. Less caffeine might be a good idea too, although i like my coffees thoughout the day

- The economy has hit my painting-firm too last year, so i really need to get more work next year. That does mean going out for work, perhaps advertise or actively looking for new projects. Without that there will be less to spend for the year's extras like new modules or a good ( far, hot and sunny ) vacation. Downside to more working is less time to be online or blog though...

- I will continue working on my www.PatchPierre.net blog and the PatchPierre community, and want to try to keep the number of monthly unique visitors growing and post 2 or 3 times a week. Publishing an exclusive interview with Dieter Doepfer in 2011 is also on my wishlist... but don't expect that before this summer.
It would be nice if i could get a PatchPierre  iOS or Android-app on the markets, but that will not be easy or very necessary ( All mobile PatchPierre visitors can use the OVI-sourcecode to read the blog )
(or bookmark http://tinyurl.com/patchpierremobile )

- Last thing is that i would like to develop my own module next year, i can't tell much about specifications or so but i want to work on an idea that I've been thinking about for years... i'm not sure if i can do this all alone, but i'll find a way i guess.

As always, i don't have too high expectations of the coming year, the benefit of that is that it will be hard for 2011 to disappoint me. We'll see what happens... as long as every year can still amaze me i'll be fine.

No comments: